Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall impressions the first

First off, Kimikiss pure rouge 01. I didn't expect a PS2 renai game to make for such a well-executed show. According to ANN, Kasai Kenichi storyboarded the first episode, and it really does feel almost like Honey & Clover. The art has the same softness, and the characters go comedic in exactly the same way. But given the setting, there's a distinct naiveté, or maybe a better term is seishun. So this show promises to be sentimental, though the way the characters are being introduced hints at a happy ending. I should add that Mao's seiyuu (Haruna Ikezawa) is impressive, very impressive. Nitpicks are not-so-great CG and clichéd flashbacks.

Blue Drop 01: Yes, the animation is superb. The direction is also superb. I don't have anything to complain about; I wish I did.

Minami-ke 01: They made it cheesy, sigh. Maybe the second installment will be better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Genshiken 2 01: Wow, it's really really good.

Rental Magica 01: This was also pretty good, though a tad shounen. Shinsen loevs noets too, which I appreciate.

It appears that the shows this season are of fairly high quality. The prospect of having too much to watch has left me in despair.

No comments: