Anyway, here's to a new year. Hopefully it will be a productive one.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
It's been over a year, but I finally got around to making a new version of Railgun chapter 2. I had known that there were a few mistakes, but when I actually sat down and started looking things over, something quickly became apparent: at the time I produced the first version, I had very little idea of what I was doing. The result, of course, was an atrociously off-base translation. I'm not going to go into details, but you can do a comparison if you feel like a good WTF. Aside from a corrected translation, spiffy "new" raws were used. Some things are a bit less weeaboo, for better or worse. I also decided to utilize more punctuation, since I've found that it tends to make the flow of dialogue more coherent. Finally, I changed the filename scheme to roughly match what that anon fellow uses.