Monday, February 10, 2014

New project: HoneyComb

So I was reading this series (in moon) and I thought it was pretty good, with zany characters and lots of laugh-out-loud moments. And gosh, the Rabbits are dead and no other challengers have appeared, so I guess it's up to me to take up the torch. HoneyComb is made up of nice, bite-sized bits of comedy that should hopefully mean a minimum of time investment on my part. And did I mention that it's funny? And cute? (Well, the last volume kinda goes off the rails but there's plenty of good stuff in the meantime.)

Technical apologetics: I'm releasing higher-res files than I normally do because I can't figure out how to shrink them without moire rearing its ugly head. The public raws are breddy nice though; I'm not bothering to level or clean any further. Probably going to cheap out on redraws, fonts, and other bling too. So deal with it.


Hermes Motorrad said...

Have you tried to apply some gaussian blur before resizing them?

mako said...

That gets rid of the moire, but it also makes everything blurry.