Sunday, April 14, 2013

YKK Re-scan Project

Readers of this blog (whoever you are) might be interested to hear that a YKK Re-scan Project has just started up. The intent is to use scans of the recent YKK reprint and translations from Neil and the Gnomes. They're looking for people to help out, so go take a look if it sounds interesting to you.

September Update: The effort seems to be dead. To be sure, high-quality scanlation is a lot more effort than it seems from the outside, so I don't blame them one bit. By the way, anyone feel like mortgaging their house to buy the YKK rights?

3 comments:

Robin Ottens said...

I'd help them out if I weren't so busy with my other scanlation project. Since YKK is my absolute favorite manga in the world.

Something to keep an eye on though.

Esker said...

Cheers for the advertising.

Also thanks for the KnI scans. I don't think I've commented on it before but I've appreciated it greatly even if you have decided to halt.

Unknown said...

Hello,
We 'are' out here looking in.
Have popped in a few times before.
Love your work and dedication Dou.
Had a computer melt down and lost all my Kabu no Isaki, but have got it all back now. I really loved the 'notes' as I know zero about the Japanese language and all your points helped follow the great story.
I'm delighted about the YKK news.
First though I have a ton of catching up to do on the Kabu no Isaki adventure !!

Thanks a ton for bringing these great stories to light, it's greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Mick C.