Monday, May 12, 2008

So it goes

I stopped watching stuff for what feels like weeks, but in reality was more like a week or so. Seems releasing has slowed down too, probably due to school. Well, whatever.

Just watched Geass R2 5 and 6. The highlight of ep 5 was C.C. in a school uniform. The highlight of ep 6 was -- well, it was mostly made of awesome. Lots of mechs coming out of the woodwork, and the traditional second-season upgrades to the Lancelot and the Guren. I have to admit that I was going "WOOOO" during the Guren upgrade. Energy weapons are good; forget that kinetic-weapon-on-a-rope business. But anyway, what's Lulu gonna do now? He's probably going to do something bad again.

Yesterday I watched a few more eps of Allison and Lillia. Have to say, I'm not digging the naivete quite so much. Guess I'll keep watching though. Wagaya no Oinari-sama 2 was pretty amusing. I can live with the slight aesthetic off-ness if they keep on coming up with comedic nuggets.

Toshokan Sensou's got a lot of aesthetic off-ness, unfortunately. The premise is interesting in theory, but in practice it just seems to be war with a different reason than usual.

Awhile back I finished CLANNAD. I liked it a lot, but those allergic to heavy, bleeding-heart sentiment will probably want to steer clear. In CLANNAD, KyoAni managed to rectify Kanon's main weakness: a vague, amorphous, playboy protagonist. I'll leave it at that for now; I read through Kyou's and Tomoyo's scenarios and was deeply affected by both of them. Tomoyo After was pretty depressing... still looking forward to KyoAni's After Story though.

Oh, and Tokimeki Memorial is awesome.

No comments: